We are dedicated to helping people rebuild their lives after illness and injury. Our rehabilitation team includes knowledgeable, caring professionals who are dedicated to providing quality care and support.
Our multidisciplinary team of doctors, nurses, psychologists, and therapists deliver a full spectrum of expert care in a supportive environment. Steward Rehabilitation Services' talented rehabilitation team is well equipped to provide everything from physical and occupational therapy to a full range of specialized services to assist patients after cancer, heart attack, or brain injury. Services include:
- Acute Care. Our acute-care rehabilitation facility is staffed by rehabilitation doctors, psychologists, nurses and therapists (physical, occupational and speech/language) who provide expert care. Steward Rehabilitation professionals are dedicated to delivering high-quality treatment.
- Outpatient Care. Every individual is different, so we provide a customized recovery plan that addresses the unique needs and abilities of each patient.
- Physical therapists provide a customized plan to help build strength and endurance and assist with improving balance, and mobility.
- Occupational therapists help patients regain strength and endurance to perform daily activities such as bathing, dressing and personal hygiene, as well as home management skills such as preparing meals, doing laundry, and other household chores.
- Speech and language therapists assist with everything from swallowing difficulties to memory deficits, voice dysfunction and language barriers.
- Our pain management doctors can provide a range of options to help alleviate pain.
- Dietitians, psychologists, and social workers and case managers deliver a full range of services to meet individual recovery needs.
- Physical Therapy. Whether you are recovering from a broken bone, muscle injury or surgery, regaining mobility, strength, flexibility and endurance are a key part of your recovery. Every individual has different goals and expectations in recovery, so our rehabilitation specialists provide a customized plan that incorporates the unique goals and abilities of each person.
- Specialized programs for arthritis, cancer, joint replacement, neurological conditions and pulmonary conditions.
- Transitional Care. We offer inpatient skilled nursing care for patients who are discharged from the hospital but are not yet ready to return home. Our transitional care program offers short-term assistance (30 days or fewer) to help patients reach the highest level of functioning possible- including comprehensive, 24-hour nursing care under the direction of a doctor, physical, occupational, and speech and language therapies, appropriate recreational, social and spiritual activities.
- To receive transitional care, patients must have a doctor’s referral that prescribes a planned regimen of care based on immediate and long-term needs, require skilled nursing care daily or rehabilitation services (physical, occupational or speech therapy) five days a week. And for Medicare recipients, patients must have a three-day medically necessary qualifying hospital stay.