If you or a loved one needs surgery, you can count on exceptional care from Wuesthoff Medical Center–Rockledge. We offer a full range of surgical services in almost every medical specialty –everything from general surgery to treat colorectal cancer, gastroesophageal reflux and hernias to minimally invasive and robotic-assisted surgical options. Services include:
- Breast Cancer Surgery. Surgery is often the primary treatment for breast cancer in order to remove as much of the cancerous tissue as possible. Surgeons are well equipped to perform a range of surgical procedures, including lumpectomy, partial mastectomy, total mastectomy and breast reconstruction.
- Cardiothoracic/Thoracic Surgery. Our cardiovascular and thoracic surgeons are well equipped to perform a wide range of surgical treatment options from open-heart surgery to minimally invasive procedures, including robotic surgery.
- Colorectal Surgery. Whenever possible, surgeons use minimally invasive techniques for colorectal conditions, such as laparoscopic and robotic surgery, which offer smaller incisions, less pain, and a quicker recovery.
- Eye Surgery. Our surgeons specialize in cataract surgery (phacoemulsification) with lens implant, corneal transplant surgery, glaucoma treatment and surgery, refractive surgery, retinal surgery, ocular plastic and reconstructive surgery, and muscle surgery.
- Gynecological Surgery. We utilize the latest in surgical technology, including minimally invasive techniques using lasers and robotic surgery with the da Vinci® Si™ Surgical System, which offer less pain, smaller scars, and a quicker recovery.
- Laser Surgery. Uses special light beams instead of instruments for surgical procedures and can offer an alternative to traditional surgery. Laser surgery poses a minimal risk of infection, causes less trauma to tissues, and can offer a quicker recovery.
- Neurosurgery. Our surgeons have access to advanced imaging technology for care planning and utilize state-of-the-art surgical technology to provide care including non-invasive and minimally invasive options and intraoperative monitoring.
- Orthopedic Surgery. We use minimally invasive techniques whenever possible, including robotic surgery, and offer a full range of services, including diskectomy, foot and ankle procedures, hand and wrist surgery, knee and hip resurfacing, laminectomy, reconstructive surgery, shoulder surgery, spine surgery, and total replacement of the hip, knee, shoulder and elbow.
- Plastic Surgery. Whether you’re interested in laser surgery to minimize wrinkles or age spots, or are considering surgical contouring procedure, we offer some of the latest techniques in cosmetic surgery including laser skin resurfacing, facelift, eyelid surgery, breast augmentation, reduction or reconstruction, tummy tuck, liposuction, and nose surgery.
- Robotic Surgery. Provides a safe, minimally invasive approach to surgery that allows surgeons to perform complex surgical procedures through small incisions. For patients, robotic surgery offers less pain and scarring, lower risk of infection, shorter hospital stays and quicker recovery.
- Urological Surgery. Our surgeons offer progressive surgical methods to treat urinary tract conditions using minimally invasive and robot-assisted techniques whenever possible. We treat conditions, including prostate cancer, bladder disorders, kidney stones and pelvic conditions.
- Vascular Surgery. Our surgeons provide treatment for everything from aneurysms and carotid artery blockages to peripheral vascular and venous diseases using minimally invasive options to address vascular and venous conditions.
Wuesthoff’s surgeons are recognized for their expertise in minimally invasive procedures. By using miniature cameras with microscopes, tiny fiber-optic flashlights, and high-definition monitors, surgeons can perform surgery through small incisions that take only a few stitches to close. Smaller incisions result in less blood loss, less pain, and a quicker recovery. We offer:
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Endovascular techniques (catheter-guided procedures)
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Laser surgery
- Robotic surgery