What Should I Know About Rockledge Regional Medical Center?
What Are Our Patients Saying?
"I was brought to your facility in an ambulance as a cardiac alert patient. Upon arriving at your facility my heart stopped beating. Dr. Mallory, Jake, Bailey and Patty worked alongside of several others to get my heart beating and save my life. Dr. Barden worked with the cardiac team to perform a cardiac catheterization to remove a clot from my heart. As it turns out the condition I had is referred to in the medical community as a widow maker. If it wasn't for the quick actions of my mother for calling 911 and the amazing staff at Rockledge regional I would be dead right now instead of writing my praises. I can never put into words how truly grateful I am for my life. Thank you so much for giving me a new lease on life. You are my heroes." -JK
Rockledge Medical Center Awards & Recognitions
As Rockledge Regional Medical Center continues its focus on providing the highest quality of patient care to the Space Coast community, it has earned numerous awards, recognitions, and certifications from a variety of standards bodies, commissions, and other highly regarded organizations. These accolades are validations that our commitment to quality, comprehensive and accessible care is second to none.
Rockledge Regional Medical Center Recognitions
- Joint Commission accredited hospital
- Joint Commission certified in Disease Management for Stroke and Coronary Artery Disease
- Get With the Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus Award
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Certified by the American College of Radiology (Mammography, MRI and Ultrasound)
- College of American Pathologists certified
- Accreditation in Nuclear Cardiology by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Nuclear Laboratories
- Accredited Comprehensive Community Cancer Program by the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer
- American Heart Association Mission: Lifeline Gold Award 2016 for the Care of STEMI Patients
- Get With The Guidelines Platinum Performance Achievement Award 2016, American Cardiology's National Cardiovascular Data ACTION Registry
The History of Rockledge Regional Medical Center
Before it became the leading comprehensive health care provider in Brevard County, Florida, Rockledge Regional Medical Center started as a 10-bed community hospital serving the growing communities of Central Brevard. It launched in 1941 with an exciting start – the hospital served its first patient through its emergency room the day before the facility was actually scheduled to open. That start reinforced the need for, and value of, health care services for the area and set the path for our unwavering commitment to serve the needs of the community. Through generations of high-quality care, growth of services, forward-thinking leadership and innovative community outreach and education programs, we stand as a trusted steward of the county’s health and well-being.
Today, Rockledge Regional Medical Center is the leading, fully-integrated and comprehensive health care provider on the Space Coast. Anchored by two full-service acute care medical centers and a complete complement of health service affiliates, our mission is everyone doing everything to pursue the perfect patient experience.
The DAISY Award
Learn more or nominate a nurse today