Please join us every Tuesday at Rockledge Regional Medical Center for Talent Tuesday. Registered Nurses can meet with a recruiter and may be interviewed on the spot. Please come to the main entrance to check in. See you on Tuesday!
Careers at Rockledge Regional Medical Center
To you, it’s more than a career. It’s a calling. You made a decision to be part of the healing process, to make a difference in people’s lives. We believe that health care is more than medicine; it’s compassionate care from our experienced team of health care professionals. Click below to view all open positions:
Nursing Residency Program
The Nurse Residency Program at Rockledge Regional Medical Center is a 12 week program which includes:
• Paid orientation that includes simulation, didactic and clinical immersion experiences.
• Specialty training for your specific unit through classes and hands-on training.
• Several simulated learning experiences. Completion of the Essential of Critical Care Orientation course within the first twelve weeks of employment.
• Participation in an evidence-based learning project in which you have the opportunity to improve patient care, learn more about research and improve the science of nursing.
Our program is designed to effectively support the new graduate nurse as they transition into their first professional role in the acute care hospital setting. Core content focuses on these critical areas: patient-centered care, teamwork and collaboration, safety, evidence-based practice, quality improvement, and informatics.
To register, click here.
Equal Employment Opportunity
This organization does not discriminate in any way to deprive any person of employment opportunities or otherwise adversely affect the status of any employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or military or uniformed services, in accordance with all applicable governmental laws and regulations. In addition, the facility complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to: hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. If you are an applicant with a mental or physical disability who needs a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, contact our director of Human Resources. Click the Contact Us tab on this website for the main telephone number and ask for Human Resources.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the law. FIND OUT MORE FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF LABOR.
Jersey College School of Nursing
In order to train additional caring and skilled nurses, Jersey College and Steward Health Care have collaborated to establish a School of Nursing on Melbourne Regional Medical Center’s campus, serving the entire Space Coast. The Jersey College Hospital-Based Professional Nursing Program at Melbourne Regional Medical Center is a six-semester program, culminating in an Associate Degree in nursing, providing its graduates with opportunities to become a registered nurse. Inaugural classes begin in January and students can enroll now.
Jersey College offers a hybrid nursing program that seeks to incorporate the benefits of a diploma nursing program with traditional, college-based education. This new paradigm is known as the Professional Nursing Program at Jersey College. This hospital-based nursing program is built upon current nursing practice and includes general education and nursing courses in addition to classroom theory, challenging assignments, skill labs, and clinical experiences that prepare students for an entry-level RN position. Upon successful completion of all program requirements, students can earn an Associate of Science degree in Nursing (ASN). The goals of the Hospital-Based Professional Nursing Program are to:
- Provide pathways for individuals seeking to enter the nursing profession.
- Produce competent nurses prepared to enter the acute care setting and other healthcare environments.
- Complement and supplement graduate nursing residency programs established at hospitals.
- Assimilate the nursing values and philosophies of our affiliated hospitals into the nursing curriculum.
- Expose students to patients and the healthcare environment early in the nursing program with an emphasis on patient bedside care.
- Offer students opportunities to learn about the inner workings of a hospital.
Establish a pipeline of nursing graduates for associated hospitals that have been oriented to their mission, goals and nursing philosophies.
- The Hospital-Based Professional Nursing Program is made up of 6 semesters
- The typical program length is 24 to 26 months however can be longer if students change their course load
- Jersey College will have and advanced-placement track for students already licensed as Practical Nurses
Ready to enroll?
Call (321) 378-0097 or visit Jersey College.
Employee Benefits Compliance
Transparency in Coverage Rule - Machine Readable Files
In accordance with the Transparency in Coverage Rule, we are making available our in-network negotiated rates and allowed amounts (amounts covered or services provided by out-of-network providers) as machine readable files.