Quality & Safety
We strive to be your trusted source of information. To help you begin making informed choices for health care services, we provide the following hospital comparison data.
The methods listed below showcase a hospital’s ability to provide quality care for patients. Because each patient is different and outcomes of each case cannot always be predicted, measuring this data can often be difficult. The collection of health care data can also be challenging. As with any major health care decision, it’s best to compare as many measurement types as possible to form the most complete picture of a hospital's total quality of care.
- Recruiting and retaining competent skilled employees, with staffing to patient ratios to allow for optimal patient experience
- Dedicated, specialized medical staff with proven quality outcomes
- State of the art diagnostic tools, instrumentation , and equipment
- Ongoing performance evaluation and risk assessments to improve processes, workflows, and patient outcomes
- Full time Patient Advocate to enhance the patient experience
AHCA – The Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) focuses on providing Floridians with access to affordable, quality health care. In addition to performance data, AHCA’s website offers information on certain medical conditions and procedures in Florida's short-term acute care hospitals and ambulatory (outpatient) surgery centers. Learn more at www.floridahealthfinder.gov.
The Joint Commission - The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations is an independent, not-for-profit organization that evaluates and accredits more than 20,500 health care organizations and programs in the United States. The Joint Commission’s quality check website provides meaningful information about the comparative performance of accredited organizations to the public. Learn more at www.qualitycheck.org.
Hospital Compare - Hospital Compare, a service provided by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), was created through collaboration with organizations representing consumers, hospitals, doctors, employers, accrediting organizations, and other Federal agencies. Hospital Compare offers consumers information on the quality of care at over 4,000 Medicare-certified hospitals nationwide. Visit the Hospital Compare website at https://www.medicare.gov/hospitalcompare/search.html.
Rockledge Regional Medical Center Quality Awards
- Accredited by The Joint Commission
- Recipient of the 2022 Healthgrades® Patient Safety Excellence Award
- Named Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Patient Safety by Healthgrades® in 2022
- Recipient of the 2022 Healthgrades® 5 Star Hip Fracture Treatment outcomes
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center, The Joint Commission, Get With the Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus Award
- American Heart Association Mission: Lifeline Silver Award for the Care of STEMI Patients
- Recognized by Joseph Ladapo, MD, PhD, Florida Surgeon General, recognized Rockledge Regional Medical Center as one of 26 Florida hospitals to achieve one of the lowest cesarean section (C-section) rates in the state, as measured by The Florida Department of Health and the Agency for Health Care Administration.
- Joint Commission certified in Disease Management for Stroke
- Get With the Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus Award
- Certified by the American College of Radiology (Mammography, MRI and Ultrasound)
- College of American Pathologists Certified
- Accreditation in Nuclear Cardiology by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Nuclear Laboratories
- EQUAL Honor Roll
- Recognized by American College of Cardiology in the “Best Hospitals” issue of U.S. News & World Report